Property owner David was planning to update the bathroom of his investment property. But, as the plans for the new bathroom progressed, the job expanded to include a facelift for the kitchen, updating the electrics and wiring, replacing the flooring and giving the entire apartment a fresh coat of paint.
- White IKEA kitchen cabinetry teamed with elegant black bench tops.
- White subway tiles with a dark charcoal grout
- Grey timber-effect vinyl was laid on top of the existing linoleum floor
- Replacing the old bath with a shower
- Installing a new toilet
- Replacing the vanity and bathroom cabinet
- Laying new flooring, and tiling throughout
The apartment now looks as good as new and David is preparing to welcome new tenants. He says the renovation totally met the brief.
‘Simple, functional, classic and fresh were the inspirational aspects of what we set out to achieve; and what has worked well is the way we managed to honour the original features of the 1920s building, whilst including the modern details that are essential for contemporary living.’